I added some (very fictionnal) routes of the most famous heroes that traveled down to the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoarseWhisperer View Post
It's been said already, but the waves are amazing: and to my mind, using a fractal texture to create them seems like genius. I love the way the waves all seem to be descending upon Danaid's Basin. The rocky crags and cliffs around the Titans' Prison and Shades' Land are also incredible.

The main problem I see with the map is in the labels, especially River Phlegeton (fire). I'm not particularly good at labels myself, but the way that label twists so much looks wrong, to me.

Also, my knowledge of Greek myth is a bit hazy these days, but wasn't Charon's ferry meant to take souls across the Styx?

THW
Thanks THW. I use to curve the rivers labels all along the river course but yes this font isn't particularly adapted to it, I fixed those labels with less twists.
Also about Charon, his location on the Styx came mostly from the Roman poets but ancient greek sources located it on the Acheron.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
I can only agree with Felipe, thats an awesome ocean. Very nice to see more Personal works of yours lately, I often like them more than the commissioned ones.
I have more freedom on all elements of the map on personnal works, that's probably why.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hades5.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	63205