Thread: Imperiums campaign setting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

Nice job Tim! I really like the map. Especially the texture of your oceans, your map symbols are pretty sweet too! The border really helps give a professional look. I bet the client is happy!
    Last edited by Galendae; 06-21-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galendae View Post
    Nice job Tim! I really like the map. Especially the texture of your oceans, your map symbols are pretty sweet too! The border really helps give a professional look. I bet the client is happy!
    Honestly, I'm not sure the client was 100% happy. Things became strained at the end. This took about 7 months to complete, because the client would go silent for long periods. I finally had to start to pull the plug on it, and he agreed to send me the rest of the information. I just can't sit around on half finished projects, and then suddenly have the client come out of no where expecting me to drop everything and finish.

And there was always an issue of the copyright. I was granting him life time use of the map in-conjunction with the project. But it could not be sold as a separate product. Only in the books. He wanted to own the copyright, but not pay to do so, because he didn't have the money.

It's really simple, you don't have the money, you can't buy what you want. As it was, he was getting a pretty sweet deal, as I generally get 2-3 times more for a one page black and white map for a book. He just didn't see the deal he was getting, and would raise objections like, What if you get hit by a bus and die? Then you have to deal with who ever inherits my artwork.

I stood my ground.