Hi crowd

I'm not sure, whether this is the right forum to ask, but frankly, I wouldn't know who to ask else.
Also, this question cannot possibly demand a "like that, no further evidence needed" reply. It's rather a "let your imagination run wild" question

Imagine a common fantasy world with humans living side by side with dwarves, elves and what ever else might be running around there.
Magic, Voodoo as well a deity (and thus para-magical prayers) can be found in this world; maybe even psionic powers, if you want to.
I'm now wondering, how a world like this would evolve into the future.

One setting trying an approach has been Earthdawn/Shadowrun:
Planet Earth in a fantasy setting, when suddenly all magic vanished (Earthdawn), only to reappear to a later time again, thus returning some mythical creatures and magic to the world (Shadowrun).
This scenario however assumes magic actually has gotten lost. So the development of guns, cars, lightbulbs, computers and stuff has been a necessity or at least logical in one way or the other.

But what if magic never disappeared?

Imagine our world in the year 1000 and add fantasy elements. How could the would evolve during the following 5k-10k years?

Thanks for reading / thinking / posting and kind regards,
Kai