My second-favorite fantasy author after Hobb is Tad Williams. He takes a little while to get traction, so you'll be about a quarter to a third of the way through the first book in a given series before it starts to come together. I haven't read Shadowmarch yet, but I really enjoyed Memory, Sorrow and Thorn and Otherland, which may seem like cyberpunk, but it's got strong fairy-tale underpinnings.

The Chronicles of Narnia is definitely children's literature, but it's from an era before we started condescending to our children, so it's got a lot more to offer stylistically than Rowling's work. At times it can be pretty bald-faced Christian allegory, though, so if you're put off by that you might have a hard time enjoying them. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is the most well-constructed. In The Last Battle, I feel like Lewis is clubbing me with the allegory. If you read them, I recommend you do it in publication order rather than chronological (which would start you with The Magician's Nephew). Disclaimer: I am a Christian, and it's not the theology that turns me off, but the allegory.

My wife keeps recommending the work of Patrick Rothfuss, but after enduring The Wheel of Time, I'm not getting involved in any more fantasy series unless I'm certain they're going to be finished eventually. That's why I've so far refused to read any George RR Martin. Anyway, she assures me that I'll like them, and since she's as big a fan of Hobb as I am I take her at her word.

If you're interested in urban fantasy, you might give The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher a look. They're the popcorn of fantasy literature—enjoyable but of little substance. Steven Brust's Vlad Taltos novels are somewhat the same, although I find that I enjoy them a little less with each new volume. The Khaavren Romances are hilarious if you read some Alexandre Dumas first. It took me a little while to realize it, but they're a spoof of The D'Artagnan Romances.