Thread: Dealing with artifacts in Wilbur

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I used the GTDR data set, which was originally complied by MIT, and yes the streaks are in the original data. Essentially, it was a large grayscale JPG file. I changed it to a PNG per your suggestion to get Wilbur to load it. I found it in cylindrical projection on an astrogeology website, so that I can now churn it through G.Projector. Score! (The raw files available from NASA are all Mercator, sinusoidal, or polar projections. Grrr.)

I could certainly send it to you if you like, but I guess you've answered my question already. Answer = yes, it will involve meticulous manipulaiton by hand. Sigh. I guess I have a project for the next six months...

Thanks for the sea level pearl. I'm kind of wading through your neat little program at a very slow rate. I know so little about mapping that I end up going to the (dated) pdf manual or wikipedia a lot. I guess I'll start by playing with the sea level , and then see just how much of those streaks I have to deal with- many may be under water.

Thanks, again!
    Last edited by acrosome; 04-28-2014 at 11:53 AM.