Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: In Principio

That's doubling the mean temperature accuracy, Azelor. The same method can be used, but I worry about the increment in the amount of work needed.

On the other hand, I see your problem with the very large savanna area. I think the problem with that was the original temperature+rain to climate that we are trying. Adjusting from a "rain pattern" map to a "available humidity" one will probably yield a larger desert/steppe in the center of the continent and it will also make the regions closer to the poles less dry.
    I am posting such a "available humidity" map in the original thread for the tutorial-to-be on this.

Guild Apprentice Corvus Marinus's Avatar

Soon, time allowing, I intend to put together a basic map of populations/civilizations. After that, I'm interesting in doing an "artistic" map of the northern area in which my novels are based. I've already got one started, but a long ways to go, I fear.

Part of the reason for all that tundra is that magnificent northern mountain range.... Basically the Himalayas in Siberia. I'll think further about how to adjust the climates to be more satisfactory. But frankly, although I will continue to work on it and enjoy it, I do not know how much more concentrated work I wish to put into this one issue. I'm okay at present with rough estimates. I appreciate your continued help and recommendations, though.

Guild Apprentice Corvus Marinus's Avatar

I find it astonishing that it's been almost two years since I started this thread. I haven't dropped the project, however, and recently have re-intensified my worldbuilding efforts. The needs of the mythos and other aesthetic choices have further transformed my maps, but I think the current version is still relatively sound as far as tectonics (I have used G.Projector extensively). This is definitely a work in progress; I have, as you can see, done very little to the eastern and southern parts of the world. Nevertheless, I'm more satisfied with the way it's taking shape than I have been with anything so far. This map presents rough elevations. I welcome comments of any kind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Great Map D01 (1280x640).jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	82600

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234