Thread: World of Mahdran

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default World of Mahdran

I will probably get a lot of hate and bad feedback for this style of mapping but I'll post anyways. Plus it's in CC3 which also seems like it doesn't get a lot of good attention. Let me explain why I did this map.

The World of Mahdran is designed specifically for my mmorpg that I am designing. The focus is on the content of the environments inside the continents. Each environment is called a 'zone'; where players will level ect. So I apologize if it looks patchy from a distance. But when zoomed in you'll see a general jest of a theme for each environment.

I tried to make the rivers look realistically as possible. I also tried to have a good flow for each environment into each of the biomes with transition environments and mountain ranges.

I am limited in a way of what I could do since it's designed in CC3. I prominently used Herwin Wielinks symbol set with some added other symbols and textures. I decided to leave it as is and not put any photoshop effects yet. I am considering of doing a displacement with a wavy feel to it to seem like it has a cloth or a parchment effect. I am also trying to think of a border I could use as well. I also apologize for the lack of sea contours as well and style sheet effects. This is about an hour render time with no effects from CC3. With the sheet effects it crashes. So for now, it's just going to be as is.

I hope some of you will understand where I am coming from with this style of mapping.

Does any of the environments intrigue you to explore? If so which ones?

I guess the file size is too large for an attachment. It's nearly 8 MB's.

World of Mahdran

Thanks for taking a look.
    Last edited by Eronakis; 05-03-2014 at 07:27 PM.