Thank you for the positive feedback! I've made some changes, taking into account the feedback so far.
(For anyone wondering what it looked like previously; I kept this preview. )

Lingon, thank you for pointing out the edges; Upon changing it, I have to agree with you. It looks better without the heavy burn.
As for the size and blurriness, that is definitely an issue. Throughout the process of making this document, I changed the size twice. It's more than twice the size it was when I started out. I will admit that the image size is too large for viewing at full size on a computer monitor. But if I had the map printed (which I might), I'd want it at this size, as the text should retain its clarity on paper, which was my main concern.

Next time though, I'll start at an appropriate size, so as not to create that blurriness upon rescaling.

Quote Originally Posted by madcowchef View Post
I want the story of how you broke the pen. I use so much pressure I break mechanical pencils and my cheaply bamboo is holding up fine. The map is wonderful, though I find the background distracting due to the high level of contrast. Thanks for sharing!
I've changed the background to plain black, thanks for the feedback there. If only JPEG supported transparency, I'd have a transparent background.

As for the story of how I broke the pen; It's quite mundane. It slipped out of my hands when I was doing some of the brush strokes that required a light, but fast touch. It landed in such a way that the ferrite core in the nib broke. I'd dropped it before, and it hadn't broken. But that was apparently the last straw. So I disassembled it and glued the core back together. It was such a relief not to have to buy another.