Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
Max...you were born to this profession.
Hehe thanks, I wish I hadn't spend so much time on other jobs for years but well...

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
@ Max - I was not talking about the tree sizes. Just about the coloration or clearness of the pattern you used for the forests. Especially in the sepia map. I just think that as it stands the two landmark-elements (aka Mountains and trees) have very different emphasis. That has nothing to do with taste.
As i said, this problem is much less pronounced in the grey-scale map...therefore the grey-scale one is much more to my liking.

For visibility - i guess if i could look at the full res map i would also think they are visible enough It is perfectly possible that this is a problem of resolution here...but i guess i will never know.
The greyscale version will be in the book so I guess it's a good thing Anyway, I got your point on the visibility, the forests might look a bit fuzzy but I kind of like it

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
I don't know. Actially I like these forests combined with the Mountains and agree with hin regarding skale.
If I remember right, you were probably the first to see the building of this forest style when I made Northern Kerash map