I agree with the general complaint that my roads are too sharp, particularly in comparison with the mountains. I intend to apply a Gaussian blur to it before the final version to fix this.

@MCC: Good catch with the multi-colored mountains. When I was placing them, I was experimenting with slight hue and color variations in my brushes - although why I thought this would be a good idea, I am unsure. I subsequently forgot I had done so, and became so accustomed to them that I stopped noticing, but have since returned them to being purely black.

@Lingon: I see what you mean about my rivers, having spent some more time looking closely at other maps. They should be fixed by my next WIP. As for the lack of additional labels, I understand what you mean, but I have a couple of reservations. Firstly, I intend to annotate the map heavily, and am worried that adding much more could cause it to be obscured by the writing on top. Additionally, the number of towns currently on the map implicitly conveys information about population density which I think is useful; adding many more towns would remove this implicit information. I could avoid this by using a separate marker for village size settlements, however I fear that the number I would have to place would be problematic given that I need to finish the map within the month.
That said, I was thinking I could alleviate some of the empty space by adding a few more natural landmarks (lakes, plains, mountains, etc), adding political divisions, and then also adding shipping routes between the cities and other cities outside of the map. In your opinion, would this be enough to fix the problem? Are there other things on the map I could mark that I haven't thought of?

@Schwarzkreuz: After I add all of the grunge and marginalia, my hope is that this map will appear very beat up and heavily used. To this end, I actually may blur the mountain brushes further!

Thank you all for your feedback; it is much appreciated.

Seleucus I