Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Battlemaps in Photoshop

Hi and thank you for the tutorial. It's GREAT
    I've followed it but my first try doesn't satisfy me so I would like to ask for some points.
    I'm not really confident in how to choose the right texture so I would like to ask if there are things to look out for.
    the ones below are the try I've done following your tutorial (I know, I didn't really check out the alignment during the making) and a winter conversion of the same map I've done changing the textures
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mappa battaglia tentativo.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	4.40 MB 
ID:	89083

Name:	mappa battaglia tentativo inverno.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	89084
    I'm pretty happy about how they came out for a first try but I'm having problems with the wall shadows (for the trees I've left the drop shadow for now). I can't get them to look like yours (well defined).

I think that looks pretty cool Nikkor. Very nice for a first try at it.

You've done a great job, those look fun already. When I choose textures I look for ones that are a bit bland (detailed obvious repeats tend to draw the eye) and ones without directionalality unless I know I will only be using them at one orientation (if your more dedicated you can always rotate and manipulate textures to match contours but its a good bit more work). If you're having trouble with the definition with the shadow you can always use a completely hard brush and then use Filter->Blur->Guassian Blur then adjust the level of blur to your liking.

Default made a PDF file now from you guide Madcowchef

hello all i am new to this site . but i made a pdf file now of all this guide from madcowchef over 40 pages . if he aloud me it. I will put it up here for all .

1 Question madcowchef should i add the leaf Trick from wdmartin if he aloud it ofc ?

just let me know here . i would have mail you a privat message but i am not aloud yet need to make more post before i can do that.

finely Thank you so much for all the work you have put in this Tutorials one of the bedst i have seen in a long time .

P.S let me know if i shall upload it with wdmartin Leaf Trick

if posible plz some mail those 2 since i cant so that see my Post

Howdy, you are most welcome to include it in an easier to use format. I can't speak for wdmartin, but I thought it was a very useful trick so if he has no objections go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by madcowchef View Post
    Howdy, you are most welcome to include it in an easier to use format. I can't speak for wdmartin, but I thought it was a very useful trick so if he has no objections go for it.

just waiting on Wdmartin to replay before i post it

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfquee View Post
    just waiting on Wdmartin to replay before i post it
    still no replay from Wdmartin

Great Tutorial. I'm new here but wanted to give this a go. Mine obviously isn't amazing or anything but I don't think it's terrible which is a marked improvement on my non existent previous abilities.

Name:	map_tutorial.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	90701

Looks like you got a very serviceable map already, congrats! I think your walls turned out particularly well. Hope it gives you some great ideas for making your own maps for your group.

Map

Great tutorial! I've been trying to learn Blender to make battlemaps in that (and for those who think Photoshop isn't user-friendly, just give Blender a try!) but I've achieved more following this tutorial than I have in many hours in Blender. Okay, not an original creation, but here it is.

Name:	battlemap1d.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	91269

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast