Thread: [Award Winner] Battlemaps in Photoshop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It wasn't so much that as much as a dire urgency. I needed a campaign map ready for a game right away and I turned to your tutorial to learn how, even though it's a post-apocalyptic office building. Most of the techniques I've used I got from your tutorial and slightly modified (I turned your pebble brush into a blood drop brush and a broken glass brush). But then I started doing some things that weren't in the tutorial (vector shapes, blurred the bottom level) so I wasn't sure if I should post it and derail the thread.

.. and then my game was canceled so I still have a week to work on the maps so they're still in progress. There are 36 total floors to explore, but I'm only making 6 total. Such a long way to go, but so thankful for all the help here so I can slowly learn.

Here's level 8 of the left tower so far (exported at half the res). My lighting sucks, still trying to figure out how to do that well. I'm just a beginner at artistry and photoshop so it's slow going. I haven't found a ton of toppled office building tables/chairs so still pretty empty inside.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eannatum's-Hold-Level-A8-100px.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	70220
    Last edited by Pmumble; 01-17-2015 at 05:09 PM. Reason: updated pic