Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
You're very productive! A bit hard to comment all those maps at once, so I'll do just my two general comments. Some of your maps could have a more drawn coastal line to match the drawn elements (moutains, forests and the like).
Heh, I had a couple of weeks with nothing much else to do so have been churning them out... I attempted edging the coasts by hand but found it hard to get an organic-looking coastline - you can see the products of my line drawing on the borders - so what I have ended up doing on the later maps is using a stroke around the "land" layer and editing that with a soft brush or eraser to remove jagged edges (although I've probably missed a few). That's what I've done on the last couple (the Maos/Rannara and AQUA map) at least, but perhaps that still doesn't look quite right.
I would use a blend effect on the sea and shields. The sea looks far too digital to me, and it would gain to be textured with that old paper you used for the lands.
As it happens the sea is textured the same as the land (probably most visibly on the Triumvirate map), but I think you're right about it looking too digital and I guess the filters I've applied are too heavy. I'll see about fixing that.
I hope I'm helping!
Yes, thank you!