Thread: [Variously WIP] Maps of Telluris

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is one of the maps I am least happy with. Having reduced the size of the dotted-line border to match the greater level of detail compared to the Guilder map above (where the mountains and trees are far too large, in my opinion at least) I struggled to get the line looking good. The lake also gave me a headache - unfortunately the region had a special "island within an island" and the coastline in general was a problem. On the other hand I was quite pleased about the mine entrance in the mountains.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CeleroMap_zpsbcef0737.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	679.7 KB 
ID:	64025

By this point I was seriously losing patience with the dotted-line border and trying to think of other ways to do it. It took me about thirty tries to get this result and I still don't think it's very good.

Name:	RaanekaMap_zps569ed3ee.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	886.9 KB 
ID:	64026

This was one of the first maps I was actually happy with, although I might still redo the border and one of the rivers needs to be moved. In retrospect the compass rose (from bartmoss) is poorly-placed and needs to be moved.

Name:	TriumvirateMap_zps05ef8cb3.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	960.0 KB 
ID:	64027

With this one I experimented with a new border style, which I think is ok but not great. Legibility problems have recurred.

Name:	GuilderColonies_zps5daf508d.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	898.7 KB 
ID:	64028
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-13-2014 at 03:38 PM.