Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
I am starting to think that its too complicate to really be able to implement for me , to be precise I would need at least a month full time on that when perhaps a nice program could do it faster and implement all that tutorial in a click ...
I finished Pixie's tutorial for the whole CWBP2 and it took me a couple of hours. I still need to make some corrections. Still, it gives a good idea of what the weather is around the world.

Now I do have some comment/question about the tutorial itself.

1-It is not clear if the cold/hot currents use the absolute or relative temperature. Some cold current are hotter than ''lateral'' current therefore I applied the cold oceanic effect to some mild currents.

2- The currents at the poles are moving westward yes? As I understand it, there is a loop that starts at the equator flowing westward then poleward, eastward at the 45th latitudes, and then back to the equator. But I think there is another loop in the north starting at the 45th. It flows counter clock wise. Lastly, it is said that Antarctica has a counter current flowing eastward close to the coast but I can’t find a lot of informations on that.

3- Winds in the polar front move to the east. They are also known as the Westerlies. While I’m not sure how the winds behave at the Poles (high pressure area) I think the winds should converge to the Polar front.

4-Wetness map: As I understand it, all the wettest categories fall into the same category and need to be fused together. In total, there is only 5 level of rain left. It makes sense because the impact on the climate between 3000mm or 6000mm is not that large in comparison to the difference between 300mm and 600mm, for example.

5-The maritime influence maps are almost identical in January and July or I did something wrong? I think it's because the area affected is small.

6-Precipitation problem? I’m not sure how far the inland precipitations should go. I was just wondering if my dry zones are really supposed to be dry.

7- When you say ‘’ Halfway through the other category’’ it is based on the original layer or the modified one? I think that multiple effects should stack but each effect added has a weaker impact.

8-The temperature for high mountains seems way off, in my case. Mt Everest would be without snow acceding to the tutorial. I have a mountains range with similar characteristics as the Himalayas and the temperatures in summer go between 18 and 22... So we need colder mountains. I thinks the need to be able to have high mountains (over 6000 m) with temperature always below 0 Celsius at the tropics and maybe closer to the equator. As stated here: Snow line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My elevation map has 6 levels of altitudes (but the last one is marginal):

1: 0-500m
2: 500-1000m, these two are at the same temperature but:

3: 1000-2000m: lower the temperature like you did in the tutorial
4: 2000-4000 (high latitude): lower the temperature by one full category
5: 4000+ (very high): lower by 2 categories
And another one just for the highest summits: 6000 +: lower by another 2 categories

That way, even if there is a hot climate at the bottom, the summits of the high mountains will have snow all year long. Unless you are at the equator where 6000m is not always high enough to keep the snow.