Thanks for the interest Azelor, it's good to know more people are reading and it's not just a 4/5 men show

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
Yes but the latitudes are curved with the Hammer projection so you'd also need to curve your temperature zone (but the impact is minor if you only intend to make this continent)
Indeed, I couldn't be bothered to curve my temperature zones since I was only using the center of the map. But, if I were to do it again, I would stick to equirectangular map
or make a "flat" image with the temperature zones and then project it using g.projector. In fact, that's a path worth exploring one of these days for continents at higher latitudes - playing around with non-equatorial projections.

I would like to know if your using a particular climate classification for this? It would be good to know how hot is the ''Very Hot'' area.
Coming up soon. I started using the table from Geoff's web page, but it left out a lot of areas after using my system for rain and temperature. I have a revised table that covers more variety and I will post it soon. It relates directly to Koppen classification, although it still merges a few zones (less than Geoff does). I'm working on the last-but-not-least bits of that.

As a side note, your continent is small to have any real continental influence unless I'm missing something. Maybe there is but it's very small as you said in point 4.
The southern portion is pretty massive. It's being so close to the equator that distorts the perception of area - but it's more than twice as big as Australia and about 1000 km wider than North America (the southern portion that is).