Thread: Starving cartographer needs work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Glad to see you found your way over here. They are pretty maps (though a couple have broken with the flickr link - perhaps upload directly to here?)

Any chance of a walkthrough of techniques on the first or the fourth ones?
    Fixed the links.

On a walkthrough, I'm afraid I'm going to have to be stingy... but I'll say that I uncovered a lot by studying the KEEP ON THE SHADOWFELL maps and basing my techniques off of those. Also, cgtextures.com is a friggin' godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Midnight View Post
    Fixed the links.

On a walkthrough, I'm afraid I'm going to have to be stingy... but I'll say that I uncovered a lot by studying the KEEP ON THE SHADOWFELL maps and basing my techniques off of those. Also, cgtextures.com is a friggin' godsend.
    That is a shame regarding the walk through. If you look around on this site you'll see that many full time professionals have offered tips, advice and how tos.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Could you point me to a couple of those? I'd be happy to contribute in a share and share alike sense if I could see other working stiffs giving up their secrets... that'd be nice.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

They all go in the Tutorials forum over here:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Note that good tutorials get identified through thread ratings and those that get highly rated are given awards by the mods to sort out the good ones. Most of the long time posters here have put together a couple of tutes. The biggest one being RobA's regional map tutorial. Definitely worth a browse through that forum to pick up some useful tips in different areas.