Thread: [WIP] Hand Drawn Cartographers Block! I can't draw mountains! Need help!

Default [WIP] Hand Drawn Cartographers Block! I can't draw mountains! Need help!

I've gone through about 10 different versions of mountains and haven't been satisfied. Seeing as how I'm hand drawing each iteration of map, I want to settle on one and be done with it so I stop redrawing the map. Any and all advice is welcome! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QUPooVn.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	636.9 KB 
ID:	75948

Banned User

You might be being too hard on yourself. Those mountains look like a pretty good start!

When I was trying to learn to draw mountains, I started a thread asking for help, and got some great advice and examples. You might try reading through that thread here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=28985

I agree. They don't look bad from what I can see.
    It's a process. You will improve and change the way you draw them no matter what you intend.
    It's just how it works. The more you draw the better they will get. And they'll change as you get better.
    Chick is right I believe, you are probably being too hard on yourself.

My own work changed a lot in the last year or two. Change is good and healthy.
    Let go and enjoy your maps.
    All your work I've seen so far has been well done.