Thread: WIP- unnamed fantasy world

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ah, yes, that reads better, and the small touch of extra red appears well-blended and natural and makes me curious about the landscape. Also, just wondering... did you intend the desert to be shaped like a skull/profile of a head?
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Default update

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoarseWhisperer View Post
    This is looking fantastic. It puts me in mind of Viking's wonderful work, and that really is the highest praise I can give.

One thing which might have room for improvement is the coastline. The problem (if it is in fact a problem) is that the land just stops and the water begins; I wonder whether something could make the shore more distinct (a slight shadow on the land, for example, or a very narrow band of brighter/more saturated coastal waters)
    THW
    Thank you for the compliment Yeah the coastlines have been problematic, Right now I've added a very light blue/white at the coastlines in the central sea, I think it works much better, I've also darkened the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Ah, yes, that reads better, and the small touch of extra red appears well-blended and natural and makes me curious about the landscape. Also, just wondering... did you intend the desert to be shaped like a skull/profile of a head?
    Yeah I was hoping the desert worked, hopefully I didn't over do it with the update.

Hehe I didn't even notice the skull until you pointed it out, it was completely chance that it turned out the way it did. If you search you can also find an upside down ax and an upside down dragon head with it's mouth open.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map02.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	3.21 MB 
ID:	71615

The further I get the more I worry about how I'm going to do things like roads and cities while keeping with the theme