Thread: Mapping an Earthlike planet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I finally managed to get my tectonics done. I tried to be as complete and correct as possible. These are the boundaries I reworked:

• The southern and northwestern boundaries of Tabinoth plate
    • The boundary between Eneaga and Yirral plates
    • The boundary between Eneaga and Sulina / Ghatia / Taiunta plates (with the long island arc)
    • The boundary between Ranineo and Otaia / Ghaon / Arumanthi plates
    • The boundary between Lomo and Ranineo / Arumanthi plates

In order to get the direction of subduction right I created a few additional small plates:

• Agehoni and Utoni plates (off Eneaga)
    • Sira plate (off Ranineo)

I also broke off two other plates off Eneaga (Rantaia and Irumi plates) to create a new subduction zone between it and East Nohhon plate and some volcanic activity in the west of the continent. In the process I also moved the continent of Eneaga slightly to the northwest.

I checked, double-checked and triple-checked the plates, boundaries and motions, and I cannot find anything substantially wrong with them. I hope you cannot either . Here's the new tectonics map:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rautah_Tectonics_V140708.png 
Views:	325 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	65592

These important changes in Rautah's tectonics meant that I also had to rework the ocean currents. This is the new version:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rautah_OceanCurrents_V140708.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	65596

Of course, all comments are welcome. I think I will let tectonics and ocean currents rest for a while now and concentrate on wind, rainfall and climate. See how that goes...

Cheers - Akubra
    Last edited by Akubra; 07-08-2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason: added correct map