Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
Looks great, hope you'll be able to finish it!
Ah, yes... so... well... actually I kind of had considered it finished. First I will explain the map more succinctly and then invite ideas for finishing.

This is a coastal map, depicting a coastline. It is not intended to be read top-down. Rather the map reader will hold up the map (probably while floating in a canoe out from shore a bit) with the actual mountainous coastline looming in the background, and compare the map to what she sees. She can then flip the map over to look at the bottom and find out if there are any hidden settlements nearby. If there are, she'll beach the canoe and head inland, which the map does not depict.

I have only produced one carving as an example, but there would be as many pieces as required to map the entire coastal territory of the Hidden Tribes. The pieces are carved into chunks of bark that are readily available. They are intended to be used by a map reader while on the water and so the fact that they float is a bonus!

Now, I would definitely be interested in hearing ideas for what would make this map more finished. Like I said, this is a totally new medium for me and I would appreciate any ideas for bettering it!

cheers,
Meshon