Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Hidden Lands: A fantasy map of the shadow side of Ireland by The Red Epic

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Since you post a public comment, you have to accept that someone react to that comment. I don't see any problem here.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Hey guys thanks for the comments, i appreciate them, and i'm glad you like how the map turned out As for the mountains, i guess i could have portrayed them larger, though the client liked them the way they are since Ireland really has foothills rather than mountains. An Irishman might call a hill a mountain if he's never really seen a real mountain before, so maybe its all relative, lol. As for readability, i would concur if the reader needed to differentiate between a hill and a mountain, but since there are no other hills and mountains aside from the ones labelled mountains, its a moot point!

~J

Guild Member Facebook Connected jugabyte's Avatar

Nice colors! I always enjoy looking at a map that doesn't look like all the colors of the rainbow got involved. Two thumbs up!

Excellent work RedEpic! I would say that I couldn't define where a small mountain turns into a large hill so similar symbols is okay with me.
    I like the design of the compass, the border and the design over the water a lot.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Finished Maps: Skenth - Prints Available!
    Works in Progress: Arinthia - region of Skenth

Need something commissioned? Send me a message!

Really nice map. The texture you created for the water is really nice. I like that a lot. The trees are wonderful.
    I like the muted color palette too. All around good stuff Jared.

Blog Entries

Very Cool!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12