Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: August challenge: The Grist.

Loving it, These are so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Ohhh, Ahhh etc - yeah these are real cool. I like the wip tag earlier to . Next time I run the script you should have that sarcophagi image as the thumbnail.

I think that for your style of rough cave then stalagmites and stalactites would be good and when they link up you get a pillar or a column so maybe some thinner round craggy type columns would be the natural type. The way you have done the rock pillars is great - a kind of small black cross section with rough splay where it joins the floor.

Cave pools are often good too tho slightly harder to make. Bit of the ole alpha blended water tokens. Boulders and rubble tokens can allow you to modify the basic tiles too, or even block off sections etc.

These kind of generic cave type tokens allow you to adapt a basic tile into many varieties.

Another thing that could be fun is light sources - not the light itself. So torches and sconces and stuff like that. The fire you did was exceptional already. I think with a full fire you did right to have it as a fixed part of the base tile as that means you can add all the glow and highlights in from its considerable light emission.

Really loving these tiles. Way to go !!!
    Thanks for the input... but anything you mentioned that involves tokens then im lost since I don't know what tokens are.

I can add the light source, but how is the light added? Also, this isn't a cave per se, its more of a unfinished dilapidated old dungeon or underground lair. If it were a cave it wouldn't have a stone floor.

Post What's a token?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    Thanks for the input... but anything you mentioned that involves tokens then im lost since I don't know what tokens are.

I can add the light source, but how is the light added? Also, this isn't a cave per se, its more of a unfinished dilapidated old dungeon or underground lair. If it were a cave it wouldn't have a stone floor.
    I tried to explain in a past Email, but... think of your dungeon chambers as the map and all other contents in that map are tokens - fire, pillars, torches, tables, everything except the structural.

Notice in my thread all the objects I'm creating now. I'm done with the map tile portion, now I'm creating the contents gamemasters can emplace into the map themselves to fit their campaign and storyline.

Dungeon tiles and tokens are tools for private gamers to use. Let them decide what they want to place into their dungeons. Make a stand-alone campfire available - they can opt to use it or not.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I tried to explain in a past Email, but... think of your dungeon chambers as the map and all other contents in that map are tokens - fire, pillars, torches, tables, everything except the structural.

Notice in my thread all the objects I'm creating now. I'm done with the map tile portion, now I'm creating the contents gamemasters can emplace into the map themselves to fit their campaign and storyline.

Dungeon tiles and tokens are tools for private gamers to use. Let them decide what they want to place into their dungeons. Make a stand-alone campfire available - they can opt to use it or not.

GP
    ok I gotcha. I was a bit confused because I saw a maptool tutorial and they were calling players and monsters tokens, and they actually looked like little round tokens, where as everything else was an object.

Wip

ok two more tiles for tonight.

One is a bare room with a stone back wall and its a T intersection.

The other is the same room only now it houses the throne of the Goat King.

I can't say for sure what happened there, but something rather grizzly went down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D14.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	644.4 KB 
ID:	5954   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D13.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	604.8 KB 
ID:	5955  
    Last edited by Lord; 08-15-2008 at 12:25 AM.

Post They are as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    ok I gotcha. I was a bit confused because I saw a maptool tutorial and they were calling players and monsters tokens, and they actually looked like little round tokens, where as everything else was an object.
    Players and monsters are tokens too!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

I ran the script again and your image got updated. I got an email post notification about your query with the tag thing. The script is a manual run I am afraid so it gets done every few days. Its also best not to mention that tag in any post otherwise the script will see it and use the next image.

Anyway thats how it works so what your doing right now is just fine.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 08-15-2008 at 07:03 AM.

Columns would be just that. Stone, marble, natural rock, etc. Just something to help hold up the roof, or decorate a great hall, or a natural formation caused by a stalagmite and a stalactite joining together. Usually drawn in dungeons to hide monsters behind or offer some sort of tactical interest.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Wip

Here are some tiles to make the place labyrinthine if you choose.

Name:	D15.jpg 
Size:	783.1 KB 
ID:	5973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D16.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	774.9 KB 
ID:	5974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D17.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	773.5 KB 
ID:	5975  

Wip

more labyrinthine variety. one of the tiles has two movable wall objects which can be used to create dead ends.

Name:	D21.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	598.1 KB 
ID:	5976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D20.jpg 
Size:	604.7 KB 
ID:	5977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D19.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	646.2 KB 
ID:	5978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D18.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	754.9 KB 
ID:	5979  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast