The humans had built this hold very quickly. They had constructed it for defense from an enemy that never attacked. The city downriver had grown so powerful that it's enemies quickly learned that it was better to be their allies. The river was the one quick and relatively safe passage for goods and people to reach the great city The overland route was long and the one narrow road wound it's way around formidable mountains and equally as challenging rocky terrain. With the safety of the river assured, the humans used it almost exclusively and abandoned their river hold. Garak was more than happy to take it for his own. When he and his band had arrived the quick and shoddy construction was evident. The walls had merely been large rocks piled on top of each other, the towers were slightly better built but not by much. Garak and his followers had spent months reinforcing the humans haphazard work. The hold was strong and secure now. Secure to the point that the humans had not been able to take it back. Garak looked across the narrow entrance to the river, the one thing the humans had got right was the location, it was perfect and it was his.....

A little update. The other half of the hold is now complete and I am now going to start work on the barricade which I have changed my approach a little. I'm thinking of a massive chain that can be raised and lowered...

### LATEST WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Toll Keepers Hold.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	64591