Thread: May/June 2014 Lite Challenge: The Toll Keeper's Hold

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I like your concept a lot! I really liked your little story blurb and good luck!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

The meat had been goat. Garak had been slightly disappointed that it hadn't been human or even better elf. Garak loved elf, sweet and tangy and not at all stringy. He contented himself with the fact that goat was far better than river tuber as he sucked out the last bit of marrow from a leg bone before tossing it into the river. HIS river. The stupid humans from the city had tried to take it from him before. The sheer cliffs and narrow pass of the river here made it very hard to attack and very easy to defend. The had realized that it was better to pay Garak's "toll" and leave with most of their cargo and their lives intact. None of them wanted to end up on the spit. Times may be a bit lean now Garak thought, but they would improve, they always did. He looked longingly at the pile of goat carcass and wished for an elf just one, even a little one would do....

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    I like your concept a lot! I really liked your little story blurb and good luck!
    Thanks As you could probably tell the story is always the focal point for me. Get an idea, create a bit of story and then map that story. I'm glad you enjoy it.

Started working on texturing. As usual there are lots of layers and lots of adjustment passes. I'm actually kind of surprised I remember how to do this... After I get the overall look to where I want it I will begin the buildings and details.

###LATEST WIP###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Toll Keepers Hold.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	4.39 MB 
ID:	64576
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.