Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kalasir - The Continent of Light (WIP

Last Edit:

So I'm calling it quits. I did most of the labeling on the terrain, but I didn't do any cities or towns. I'm giving the map as a freebie to anyone who wants it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unlabeled.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	65036

On to the finished maps section

The mountains are great, but some of the rivers are misbehaving. Even that southern one would not plausibly split on its way to the sea: one sees minor divisions that rejoin or extensive networks of channels in a delta or swamp, but hardly ever what you depict, where water decides to go two different ways. That's doubly true for the major river system in the middle - a river just won't split and part head for one coast, part for another. Take a look at the excellent thread on How To Get Your Rivers In The Right Place, stickied near the top of the CG tutorials.

The basic principle is at any one point on a slope there's only one direction 'most down'.

Your overall look is great- thanks for the how-to!

No problem, since I found out how to make mountains like that I though, why not share

About the rivers, I had something like this in mind when I made them like that:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...sserbach01.jpg

In every "Bifurcation" there is a settlement that did that on purpose to irrigate more terrain or something like that. And the southern river is a large delta (or atleast that's what I wanted it to be).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12