Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Osengaard or Egads! Not another city :D

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nope, no reason, just haven't got to that part yet.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Beautiful map SG, nice building placement and proportion, the colors are looking good. Well done.....

That being said, there is one thing that bugs me about the map. All the buildings have horizontal lines running across them... the buildings that form up square to the map look fine, but the the buildings built at angles still have horizontal lines... it just pops out at me and looks a bit weird. Also in some of the larger southern buildings it seems that a pattern repeats forming squares, looking somewhat like a grid.... I was thinking you might have used a layer overlay at low opacity over the building layer.. or something ... I dunno, but that is the only thing that bugs me about it... Other than that... fantastic

Guild Journeyer

Looks nice, the only comment is the fields seem to brigth for the rest of the map and draw focus, I would try darkening them somehow and see how that looks

@Delgon... - Thanks... Yeah I need to fix the texture I used, it's not seamless, hopefully that strange patterning will go away once I do that.

@Jkaen - Thanks... Another thing I need to address, I just added the fields the other day and thought they looked 'off', I'll tinker with the coloring eventually.

This is something I mess around with at work, when I'm in between projects. That's why its taking so long to finish.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

SG ... are you using PS? ..... there are add ons out there that you can use to make a tile seamless... and of course... you can always make a seamless pattern yourself... which is easy enough to do .... but I won't go into it unless you want to know ... for PS of course...

I think the filter forge add-on can make tiles seamless... you may want to check that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    SG ... are you using PS? ..... there are add ons out there that you can use to make a tile seamless... and of course... you can always make a seamless pattern yourself... which is easy enough to do .... but I won't go into it unless you want to know ... for PS of course...

I think the filter forge add-on can make tiles seamless... you may want to check that one out.
    I am using PS so I'll definitely check that one out, thanks. I have one at home that I downloaded and use, just don't have it in the office....and here's another small update.

1) Added some more houses, small buildings, etc.
    2) Adjusted the farm fields - I think it blends in much better now
    3) Added a couple of more noble/merchant 'estates'
    4) Began adding the cemetary (the "mutated leafy Looking thing")

Think that's about it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Osengaard-WIP5.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	6299  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The fields look much better, good job. The giant amoeba has those paths that look like there is either a bevel applied to em or a drop shadow with light coming from the top right...might wanna remove that so it will look flatter. But we're at the point where we're splitting hairs so overall that's pretty good.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    The fields look much better, good job. The giant amoeba has those paths that look like there is either a bevel applied to em or a drop shadow with light coming from the top right...might wanna remove that so it will look flatter. But we're at the point where we're splitting hairs so overall that's pretty good.
    Actually I agree with you about the paths/roads, they actually have both. I was playing around with it earlier, just hadn't made up my mind about what to do with it. I think I may remove them all together.

Wip Yet another small update

OK here's the latest update, nothing major but still some progress...

1) Started "fleshing out" the cemetary a bit, adding grave markers, tombs, etc.

2) Added another noble/wealthy merchant compound - struggling with this a bit, hard to come up with 'unique' ones each time without going overboard.

3) The circular building east of the nobles 'ward' is an arena where various combat related events are held.

4) Added some more houses/small buildings, etc.

I think I may put this one "on the shelf" for a bit, starting to get stagnated and I would rather wait and finish it when my creative juices are flowing better for it. But I will definitely get back to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Osengaard-WIP6.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	3.04 MB 
ID:	6335  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast