Thread: Thessyls Redone

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Thessyls Redone

This is my redone map for a book series I'm working on. I posted another version a few months ago, but I decided I wasn't that happy with it so I decided to redo it. The map has been expanded to show most of the continent with the addition of labels and retextured pretty heavily. It's still a little rough around the edges, but I think I'm happy enough with it to post.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Borderless Thessyls Map.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	65195

There are a lot more maps in this project, including political, historical and regional maps, that can be found on my website. I figured there are too many to post here, but if you're curious, the site is here:
    Sorrow's Rest - A Fantasy Series by E.M. Roylance

The oil paint effect on your mountains is really a good idea and works well for me, nice! The effect is a bit too strong to my taste on oceans but the general feeling of your land is really good!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I think I agree with Francissimo about the ocean FX, but what if you did some kind of subtle stroke around the landmasses? It might provide a kind of balance between the land and ocean. Or maybe not.

It looks really great though, overall!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Thanks for the comments! I can certainly see how the textured oceans might be a little distracting. I might have to try a flatter texture or play with a stroke to see if that helps in the future.