Thread: Pencil sketch gone overboard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Yes its realy a lovely rendering. Especially the Forests and the cliffs have something very charming to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Yes its realy a lovely rendering. Especially the Forests and the cliffs have something very charming to them.
    Yes, I second that. I also enjoy the variety and layout of hills and mountains and that swamp! The corner art is pretty sweet as well. You know-- I'm usually drawn to any map incorporating pencil or natural media, but this one is especially splendid... and I like all of it. Or most of it. I think I preferred the first NW river rendering to the second, but oh well.

Do have a couple questions for you if you don't mind... what sort of paper are you using, and, are all of the drawn elements on the same sheet or multiple?
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

thanks for the compliments...this is my second world map and I am extremely pleased with it.
    It is drawn on two sheets of standard printer paper and a mechanical pencil with .05 lead. I think its no 2 hardness. and some finger smudges. The Dragon boat and sword banner were done on a third sheet of paper. I used paint shop pro to paste it together. I failed to notice the light area running down the center, working on that now.
    I'm a bit of a doodler and I decided to throw in a couple of drawn non map elements into this for fun.

once again thanks for the kind words and advice.