Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hey all,
    I'm a pretty new member to the forum but I have been looking at it for a while. Figured it was about time to man up and join. I have been drawing maps on paper for a year or two, and only just recently have I started using the handy dandy computer to make some. Nothing I have done has been too intense, mostly just a way to pass the time, but I am looking forward to improving.
    I have so far made one map using Ascension's incredibly helpful tutorial, my first "completed" map using photoshop. Its still pretty bad though. After this I shall start browsing the tutorial forums for something helpful. If you guys could link me anything helpful, I would be grateful.
    Looking forward to meeting you all!

Fexonocks

P.S, using Photoshop CS3 on a pretty old MacBook.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Welcome to the guild, Fexonocks! Glad you could make it. I have used pretty similar gear to what you have and it won't stand in your way.

You might consider posting your map if you have an interest in continuing to work on it. I think a lot of people come here and see the really amazing finished maps that a bunch of talented folk here are making, but a lot of the community mills around in the Work-In-Progress forums. Many of those amazing maps you see may have started out as a post of a rough sketch and a comment like, "What do you think of my coastlines?"

As to linking you some tutorials, there are probably other people who have a better grasp of what's around than I do, but what sort of map are you looking to start making first?

cheers,
    Meshon