Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ledge and Dairy Inn

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

So I was thinking about entering the current Lite Challenge... and then I remembered that I have some unfinished business here! So I'm going to pretend I'm in the challenge and get back to work on the Ledge and Dairy Inn. After looking at my files I really can't remember what my plan was, so I think I'll go back to the original in Illustrator, add some detail, and build the mask areas. Once that's finished I'll move to Photoshop for the painting. So far I've just added some grain to the wood, which I plan to complete the next time I sit down with this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LedgeAndDairyInn0327.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	751.4 KB 
ID:	72126

cheers,
    Meshon

Hey Meshon, this is an amazing fortified Inn! You're doing awesome stuff working solely with a vector-based-programm (i like the other maps you posted recently, a lot too)! Too bad that you decided not to enter the lite-challenge. There are only three contenders right now.
    PS:Great music, your band did back in the days... (i followed the link you posted in chick's thread)
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 03-28-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Glad you're working again on this, I can't wait to see it finished!

Wow! Just wow! Please finish this. It looks amazing already, but I'd love to see it coloured.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Hey Meshon, this is an amazing fortified Inn! You're doing awesome stuff working solely with a vector-based-programm (i like the other maps you posted recently, a lot too)! Too bad that you decided not to enter the lite-challenge. There are only three contenders right now.
    PS:Great music, your band did back in the days... (i followed the link you posted in chick's thread)
    Thank you, and thank you! Also, though I would really enjoy entering this months challenge I think, time-wise, it would be a choice between the challenge and doing this, and I really want to finish this. We'll see. I do have the rest of the weekend unaccountably free...

cheers
    Meshon

Just bits of progress so far. I thought it would be useful to make masks in Illustrator for when I start colouring in Photoshop. It took a lot longer to make them than I thought, but I think they'll make my job easier. Maybe not. But at least I have this hideously coloured set of masks to show for my efforts! Hopefully I'll get something painted soon. And one day I'm going to have to deal with those cliffs...

Name:	Ledge-&-Dairy-Inn-masks.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	305.7 KB 
ID:	72611

cheers,
    Meshon

Regularly neglected but never completely abandoned, the Ledge and Dairy Inn was Quinn Fisher's "retirement" project. What could be more delightful for an adventuring bard than a quiet life as an innkeeper by the sea?

Here's my most recent progress, mostly just filling in the areas with some test colours. Now that I have had a look at it I think I will go much lighter for everything and slowly build up the colours. Especially the wood. Quinn doesn't… I mean I don't really like the dark wood. It needs more charm.

Name:	Ledge-and-Dairy-Inn-New-Paint.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	766.2 KB 
ID:	74761

I think I've been avoiding this because I keep hoping that I'll learn how to make those cliffs look good before I actually have to colour them

cheers,
    Meshon

Fantastic update!! I like the wood as is, but a little lighter would be OK to!

Looking good and I think the wooden beams look fine too. But...but... where's the dirt?? It's all so clean!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Looking good and I think the wooden beams look fine too. But...but... where's the dirt?? It's all so clean!
    Yes, it's almost... ominous.

At some point Quinn will get a coat of paint that he's happy with, and then people will come stay there and Quinn likely will forget to clean it and then... then my friend, we will have DIRT!

cheers,
    Meshon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast