Thread: Newbridge, NJ - From the Best Show on WFMU

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jkat718 View Post
    What an interesting premise! Wow, this actually sounds like it will a load of fun, not just for us, reading these maps, but for you, too! Good luck, and know that I, for one, am keeping an eye on your progress.
    Thanks for checking it out jkat! I'm only realizing, even after the months of research and accumulating information, that it's going to be a big job and sometimes tedious, but it is a lot of fun. It's almost surreal making these places "real" by visualizing them this way after they only existing in en ephemeral way in my head for years, I guess almost in the same way of seeing a radio show character or literary character visualized in an illustration or movie.

Weekly-ish update. Not as far along as I would've liked to have reached, largely due to a power failure which led to a corrupted PSD file which meant I lost a few days of work. Luckily, I'd saved a copy in the cloud and had a really good palce to have to start from, I think I might've cried if I hadn't had that copy. But I'm taking super-precautions now and backing it up in triplicate every couple hours. I've dropped in a lot of residential areas, one of the high schools and basically finished up one of the really big landmarks of the town, the Commons. That was really satisfying to see come together. I also thought it might help if I roughly laid out any specific points of interest where a location was actually stated on the show. Position absolutely everything in a canonical way and work out from there. And as you can see, comparing the dots on the map to the list of locations in the legend, there aren't a whole lot of points that were explicitly positioned on the radio show...which could be a good or bad thing, I'm the kind of person that often likes to be able to follow instructions and guidelines, but it also means I have a ton of leeway for creativity and can rarely be "wrong".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewbridgeMap_fullview_7-3.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	65450