Thread: Ebontide. Iterations 1 and 2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Ebontide. Iterations 1 and 2

Hey! I am new to the forums. Here are my two ridiculously over-sized maps.

A few months ago I started making a DND campaign.
    I wanted to make a map of the game world. The idea was that players would be able to go anywhere they wanted. Even if it was not part of the story. I wanted players to have a homeland to go back to. Things like that. It needed to display a sense of scale.
    So following tutorials, starting with this one I began making a semi realistic, large world map. I used so many and selected methods from some and not others. I would be unable to list them all.
    Eventually I created this.
    (Images are thumbnails. Use the links to download the original images. Warning some are hefty in size.) (I am so sorry ;-; )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DNDMapNamesTHUMB.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	65202
    Map 1 (named version)

It was a long process, but I eventually finished it and used a site called Umapper to add locations.
    Though eventually I began to feel that the whole map was... small. The more I worked on it the more I began to feel it was more like a small continent than a world.
    The problem was I couldn't make it any bigger or my photoshop would split at the seams. All the bevel and texture filters were turning out to be really intensive.

So I decided to go simple but big. Used another tutorial for an old style map and eventually created something I felt matched the scale of what I was after. Used a number of map symbol brushes from around here and the web.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GigaWorldAgedNamesTHUMB.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	65203
    Map 2 (named version)

The brushes I used can be found here, here and here, including some of Schwarzkreuz's brushes. I also used this font for some details.

If you want to see it in all it's glory. I give you the fancy > ZOOMIFY VERSION <
    If you want the zoomify version to host. You will need to message me.

Map 1 (blank version)
    Map 2 (blank version)
    Map 2 (clean version)

And yes, you can use these non commercially if you wish to! Huzzah!
    Last edited by ThePengu; 06-26-2014 at 04:52 AM.