I voted for The kingdoms of Albion and Nivirem by Goombac, because this map just caught my attention with its beautiful painterly style and the baroque excessiveness of the border it’s a pleasure to my eyes.
I also really like its composition, the colour choice and the idea of two rivalling kingdoms recalling England and France.

As for the other entries:

OCD Mountains by Xpian: really nice and balanced colouring, lovely icons, and great mountains addition, with a consistent level of detail. I would have added a border (I’m a border addict) but you did a superb job overall.

The corruption by Lostatsea:
Nice colouring and border, classical and interesting backstory, I probably would have worked a bit more the city icons and how they merge into the landscape. Overall a really good job.

City of Fingard by Carbus:
I love everything of this map, from the labelling to the icons, not to mention the amazing city of Fingard. I must agree with Falconius, though, I think you fell out a bit too much from the competition parameters, by focusing a bit too much on your "real" map (the city) than on the map to complete/change. However, again, an amazing job.

The borderlands by Timallen:
Simple and nice colouring and icons, but maybe, in my opinion, not perfectly fitting with the sci fi themed idea (I know, since the landing there has been a technological regress to the Middle Ages but the space child in me would have been pleased in at least one map to see some starship troopers and colonial domes icons ) Anyway a good job!

Tomalak and Ned’s jobs were promising but don’t seem to be finished. Too bad!