View Poll Results: June 2014 Challenge - Finish it !

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • OCD Mountains - by Xpian

16 55.17%
  • The Corruption - by Lostatsea

8 27.59%
  • The Kingdoms of Albion and Nivirem - by Goombac

19 65.52%
  • The Land of Evening's Shadow - by Tomalak

1 3.45%
  • City of Fingard - by Carbus

6 20.69%
  • The Hills of Wind and Winter - by NedS298

0 0%
  • The Borderlands - by Timallen

5 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: *** June 2014 Challenge Voting - Finish it ! ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Come on guys, voting for yourselves? I know there isn't any rule against this but well...

Yes I will
    there is no rule about it but it feels wrong to me. It could be a problem in case of a tie otherwise it's fine.
    Last edited by Azélor; 07-02-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    there is no rule about it but it feels wrong to me.
    The way I view these things is more like an election or something, and quite frankly if you don't vote for yourself in an election then why should anyone else? In addition because one has the opportunity to choose multiple candidates you can also vote for other maps you like even when voting for yourself.

In response to the unfinished look of my map: It most unfortunately is unfinished. Even some of the completed work is not posted, because my work shifts doubled and I missed the deadline. I really enjoyed this challenge though, and I had alot of fun with the map. I hope the other entrants enjoyed the special strictures and limitations as much as I did.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    In addition because one has the opportunity to choose multiple candidates you can also vote for other maps you like even when voting for yourself.
    That's actually a pretty good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That's actually a pretty good point.
    My two cents on the subject: I see it very differently from an election; in a public competition (think of a sport competition like boxing or diving) usually no one can judge his performance, according to the rule that the Romans thus epitomized: “nemo judex in re sua” (roughly translated: no one can be judge of himself).
    Sure, the perfect thing would be an impartial judge (or jury) and none of the competitors voting fore anyone (himself or others).
    Since this community is based on shared interests, kindness and courtesy, everything is left to the good sense and fair play, and in my personal view of things, far play, at least, should discourage anyone to vote for himself (and kindness should allow to vote for the deserving others).