Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Continent Of Skahria

Well, I would keep the first one but with more contrast and a bit brighter... so a bit between the two versions .

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

It has been ages since the last update on this thread, but now I've got one!

While I was trying and searching and doodling, trying to find a way to do my big map, I stumbeld over the last results from this thread. Unfortunately I can not for the life of me find the old psd files, but I still had the landshapes. So I got to it and created a new document and decided to work on a large map for better overview. I know. That's a 180 to what I was saying in my other thread, but you're all welcome to tell me "I told you so!"

This is all based on Pasis' technique, though mine hasn't that many textures. For now I find this to be a pretty quick way (at least relatively) to generate a rough idea of a landscape. It makes for a pretty nice way to jot down details aswell. While I still aim to do something more painterly, I find this pretty fun.

That's what I got so far:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test 1 gesamt.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	4.17 MB 
ID:	113515

That is just a cutout and more of a rushed test version. The weekend is here and I hope to get some more done!

Cheers,
    Llannagh

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

Progress:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gilband etc.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	3.34 MB 
ID:	113606

I had to crop the image for matters of size and computing capabilities... I also might have too many layers. But, despite all messines, I have a feeling I'm on the right track.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234