Thread: The World of Karth - WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected madbird-valiant's Avatar

Man, every now and then I drop back into the forum and it seems like every time I do you're still plugging away at this Looking fantastic mate.

Quote Originally Posted by madbird-valiant View Post
    Man, every now and then I drop back into the forum and it seems like every time I do you're still plugging away at this Looking fantastic mate.
    I had to take a long break from working on it.

I also have experimented with lots and lots of different options before deciding and then moving forward. At one point there was green. I considered just using symbols like circles and squares to show locations. Then more detailed drawing of buildings. There were lots and lots of options being put forth.

Normally I draw all the trees by hand, but this is way to much space to cover. So in the program Painter, I created a nozzle that allows me to draw a whole bunch of different trees, and then "draw" the trees in. And I can set it so that there is some size variance. Otherwise it would take forever with this level of detail. And if I need, I can also put one tree in a spot. I actually have two nozzles, one with groups of trees, and one with single trees.

I choose red because I wanted it to stand out, as if someone used red ink.