Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WIP - map for novel and campaign setting

Nice! One suggestion, maybe. Try the rivers without any outline, or use a different approach than Stroke? The ones not in forest look a little choppy.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Finished the second section. Once again, quite pleased with the result, even if this is going to probably take a few months to complete. Couldn't think of another way of doing the rivers to reduce the slight choppiness, but I think it's minor enough I can live with it.

Having to reduce this quite a bit to get it under the 5 meg limit. Questions and comments always welcome!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 of 9.png 
Views:	187 
Size:	3.68 MB 
ID:	66329
    “What is a fantasy map but a space beyond which There Be Dragons? On the Discworld we know that There Be Dragons Everywhere. They might not all have scales and forked tongues, but they Be Here all right, grinning and jostling and trying to sell you souvenirs. ”
    ~~ Terry Pratchett

- My fantasy gamebook
    - My old Traveller actual play podcast
    - My upcoming DND cloak and dagger actual play podcast

Very nice!

Sometimes using an Outer Glow in place of the Stroke effect will smooth outlines that are pixel-choppy. But no matter. If you're happy with it, it works.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Very nice!

Sometimes using an Outer Glow in place of the Stroke effect will smooth outlines that are pixel-choppy. But no matter. If you're happy with it, it works.
    Eh. couldn't hurt to give it a shot. everything is still saved in layers, after all
    “What is a fantasy map but a space beyond which There Be Dragons? On the Discworld we know that There Be Dragons Everywhere. They might not all have scales and forked tongues, but they Be Here all right, grinning and jostling and trying to sell you souvenirs. ”
    ~~ Terry Pratchett

- My fantasy gamebook

Great map!

Congratulations

Getting faster at this as I go. Fully 1/3 done with the topography now. And thankfully, done with the most work-intensive part.

Name:	3 of 9.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	66447

Chashio, you can't tell it in this image, but in the full-scale one, I added an outer glow like effect under the rivers to smooth some lines and give them just a hint of fertile land on the banks. Looks better, thanks.
    ~~ Terry Pratchett

- My fantasy gamebook

Wow this is really nice stuff. It's a shame we cant get the full resolution image.

Now I got to go read the thread from the beginning.

Here's a clip at full res.

Name:	detail.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	926.6 KB 
ID:	66448

The entire map at full is going to be about 11k by 11k pixels. I want to get a 300 dpi print of the entire thing when I'm done. for digital stuff, I'll probably drop the final image to half the size. Get some nice anti-aliasing that way.
    ~~ Terry Pratchett

- My fantasy gamebook

I've done another 2 sections. Things are coming along smoothly. Gonna have to decide soon how I'll do icons and my map title.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5of9.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	4.75 MB 
ID:	66738
    ~~ Terry Pratchett

- My fantasy gamebook

Whew. Ok. The main continent is pretty much done at this point. I think this'll be my last post before I finish the rest of the topography. Probably take a break after the topography so I can plan nations and trade routes. Thanks to everyone giving my map likes. You guys are awesome.

Name:	6of9.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	4.73 MB 
ID:	66873
    ~~ Terry Pratchett

- My fantasy gamebook

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast