The interesting thing about the rest of the map is that there isn't any. It took me a long time to realize that when I made full world maps, something in the magic of designing the world vanished for me. I like the thought of the unknown. That man (or any other sentient race) has yet to conquer the planet. (I realized this after my wife noticed that I stopped every game of Civ 5 once the whole world had been explored )

To keep that believable, the mountains in the NE are formed from 2 tectonic plates heading dead into each other. The mountains - for all intents and purposes - are impassable. The continent in the SW has monsters and creatures that become more and more deadly the farther south you go, until passage is impossible. A bit hokey, but it serves my purposes. And is that what creating worlds is about, anyways?

Anyway, the climate stuff I got from a thread here at the Guild. I can't for the life of me find the thread, but I did find the page it links to:
The Climate Cookbook
It's a pretty simple walkthrough, but it does the job. Plus, I feel its adding a ton of character to the world since now I know where it makes sense for monsoons to occur.. stuff like that.