Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
I usually draw in the cliffs by hand and shade them appropriately so they look somewhat three dimensional.

By the way the scale seems a bit off if each of the black and white segments equals a mile. That makes those two main streets over 500ft wide for example.
yeah, 100%....I haven't decided how I'm going to fully scale things to be appropriate, and I draw my maps like they would be drawn in the age, so without satellite imagery and stuff everything is done by hand, and a map commissioned by a town's mayor or something might be specially designed to exaggerate certain features, like roads that were built under his watch.

But yeah, as it stands now I'm either dropping down the scale or thinning the roads. This city is my world's center point, so it really should be hugely massive, but 500 ft is just a little wide...for ANY city. That's wide enough that on a really foggy day someone could build a small home in the middle of the road, and you wouldn't see it from your window until the next day! :p