Thread: A good app for linework?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpian View Post
    I use ProCreate on the iPad every day, often for hours at a time.
    Checked it out and for the current cost, it looks very much worth it, especially if the maps on the main page of the website you linked were made with that program (or at least the linework). Favorited and will likely buy it later tonight!

EDIT: Bought ProCreate. Only 4 pounds so I'm already happy with it. Will be playing with that for the rest of the night, thanks for the suggestion!!

Quote Originally Posted by xpian View Post
    The one I kept coming back to, due to number of features and ease of use, is InkPad
    I'll admit I'm in a cheap mood at the moment, though I will also say that I'm by no means a professional and that this hobby is something that has only recently taken any significant root. This free app looks very interesting, and the fact that it creates vectors makes it that much more appealing for what I need it for. I keep trying to think of a technical way to describe what I'd make with it, but I keep coming back to 'squiggly stuff'. For example, on your Blood & Gold map, the actual title at the bottom of the map has two yellow/gold things on each side. That's the sort of stuff I can draw on paper, but have trouble with on the computer. Thanks a lot for suggesting both of these!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I prefer to use Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9
    That one looks amazing but it's sooo far beyond what I can afford at the moment. Definitely something to keep for the future though, thanks a lot! And I wish I had a scanner just for that reason, even if it's a mediocre one. I figure the cleanups from shabby scanners can be done in Photoshop, but free-hand linework just doesn't work with a mouse no matter how hard I try.
    Last edited by RazielKilsenhoek; 07-17-2014 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Purchased an app