Thread: W.I.P - The Known World

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the feedback. The blue things are rivers (I know, they move around oddly, but hey, this is a WIP). For now I just traced them quickly to have also an idea of the borders. If worst come to worst, I can just make them black, call them borders, and then add rivers.

The scrolls for the city names are maybe a bit distracting, but I don't know how else to fix it. I like the scrolls, but I will see how it looks without.

About the mountains (and all the other similar brushes, like trees, hills, and whatnot) I want them to be quite similar with just a tiny bit of variation in size. Why? Well, just a quick glance to the backstory, this known world is based around a Dwarven Empire (the huge thing in the middle) and this map was the first map to be crudely printed with a machine. The dwarves will have access to some little bit of technology (in this world, they created the warforged), but it is far from perfect.

I will work on it a bit more in the next week or so and post an update.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Here's a few things that I might suggest, although this is a pretty good start, these are just some things to mull over. Make your rivers black, if they don't look like real rivers it doesn't matter if they're black, they will tend to blend in if black. With black rivers ya gotta make your borders thicker. As for the scrolls for the town names, dump the brown coloring and dump the curly bits...just make them flat slabs. They tend to dominate the picture.

My 2 cents
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps