Thread: My New Terra ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ok I have reached the drawing lines and dots point, but honestly I dunno how to simulate any motion onthat sphere in gplates, I can understand that I can "guess" directions and use the dots to draw lines in a more curved way , but how I do get the "working" movements? How do I know that my decision to make flow a continent on a direction is right or not?

I am posting the new and possibly latest version of my world , geography plain , with plates and the G plate sample .

Silouette
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Helium_Grography_silouette.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	757.3 KB 
ID:	65891

does it looks enough different from earth and natural ? How can I calculate the % of sea?

Geography

Name:	Helium_Grography.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	3.04 MB 
ID:	65892

where are the mountain ranges, I have reduced some and scattered a bit mor from having all on a single coast side

The largeness of poles are due to projection they are actually smaller island / continents , wich will be covered in ice anyway .

Plates

Name:	Helium_Grography2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	65893

here are the possible idea for the Major plates, I redraw reducing thenumber trying to get first the major plates and later the smaller ones ... I haven't added directions yet , but only possible openings dorsals because honestly I am not convinced at all on how I segmented the world .
    Please feel free to "redraw" the plates I did as I am not convinced at all if are right ...

In Gplates

Name:	gplates.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	529.2 KB 
ID:	65894

So is gplate only usefull for "deciding" how to draw curved lines and see where the continents go on a sphere?

Projection

Name:	Helium_projection.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	65903
    Here perhaps is better to see the curvature and the equidistant projection .

After calculation the % of sea is 70 % just as I wanted .

perhaps this can help to identify better possible plates?
    Last edited by Naima; 07-22-2014 at 08:51 AM.