Thread: My New Terra ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Naima, that's way too many ridge shaped young mountain ranges inland for tectonics to explain... can you do localized erotion in FT or Wilbur and bring them down a great deal?

Also, I never got round to explain to you what I meant by assymmetrical oceanic crust... here's a drawing explaining my point in one of your seas - actually, it's the major "implausibility" I find in your map.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detail_innersea.gif 
Views:	93 
Size:	215.5 KB 
ID:	66162

The way I see it, the best solution is to have both rifts still active, as they do not coincide exactly... it would need a little of messing about with direction of boundaries and land shapes in that area. That is, of course, if you want to be bothered about this scientific accuracy thing.

Thankyou ,For the Continent showed in the pic ( the africa like one ) yes the ridges are a test , I wanted to exagerate to see them in the projection and to be sure that the "big" rivers get in the right direction , I can erode them more after ...
    I wanted to also have "old ridges" on the rest of the continent and two main ones , one from the forming rift and one from the northerneast border .... would that work?

As for the picture u posted ( I call those Americalike continents for the moment lol ) you sugest to make a "failed" rift in the water and leave the tectonics as they are or to shift the rift west more or have a secondary plate in between?