Thread: First Overworld in Photoshop

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good suggestions, Someguy. I'll do my best to justify myself:

You're right - the ocean and spiders have nothing in common. It's named "The Spider Sea" because its rivers branch out through the entire world like a spider's legs (This Kingdom is merely 1/4 or 1/6 of the world - the rest is mostly to the East). IMO, "Bay of the Reaper" is located at the Northern river delta, where it was traditionally less populated and home to pirates (pirate society embodies the "reap what you sow/take what you can" mentality. stories would have come up about all the death in those parts, but i can change it. It is a fantasy map, after all). The attached image kind of is a sketch of what I envision the whole world to be... I might not ever map it, though. Seems like a big undertaking.

You're right about Mothica sounding out of place. I just kind of threw it on there, and Minirath is a great suggeston. Thanks!

And yes, GP, some of your comments are surprisingly accurate (Cordell was supposed to be the last place founded here (or, last place permanently conquered at least) and shouldn't have much of an effect on the names. But I don't have anybody to play with and have the freedom to toy around with the names as I wish.

Thanks all. I'll be back in a few days with an update because I've got some 12-hour shifts to take care of.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sketch.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	6074  
    Last edited by Pank.HQ; 08-20-2008 at 05:57 PM.