I would definitely love to get your help...

I'm in the outlining stages of a work of fiction (really, a series of works), and I'm stuck on the finer details of where in the galaxy I should put my alien worlds. I'm really looking to have this level of detail down in an image file before I really start writing: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...rt-d5u3tvb.png (just as an example of what I'm going for). I

I have the names and a lot of the details of the characters, plot, etc. (I've been working on outlining this story for years now). Now I'm to the part I've been avoiding so far - the actual science and actual mapping of the galaxy I'm creating and the individual worlds in which the story will take place. I already have names for pretty much everything.

What I really wish I had was a template to start with, but I cannot find any that I think are suitable mainly because if I place a homeworld in some place, I begin to wonder what the actual constellation is called, what the star is (if it actually has a name i.e. 85 Pegasi), whether it's an appropriate location or absolutely preposterous. Basically I envision my story coming with a map of the detail I've given as an example above, but I don't want amateur cosmologists seeing it and saying to themselves, "Wow, that seems completely ridiculous."

I am a physiologist by training, so I have a great deal of the alien stuff already imagined in well enough detail to not sound like a complete idiot, but the only physics I took was in my undergraduate pre-med classes.