Hello Cartographers.

I am a writer, unpublished though I may be. I currently have in the works three books, two single volume books, and the first book in the Radiant Sky Quintet (Which at this stage is planned to have books that are between 200'000 and 400'000 words long.) It is Radiant Sky that I talk about here.

Radiant Sky is an ambitious project, it rounds off to between one and two million words long for all five books. The setting for these books is called Vandia, a planet in my universe, and I used my meager map making skills to make this very loose rendition of what the world looks like including vague lables when I first conceptualised the world. Hooray!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MapofthePlanetofVandiaLabled_zpsf1c54275.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	65880
I only had MSPaint at the time I drew this because I was at a relatives house

Now there are quite a few issues with this map, as you would expect from an early draft. I found that dividing the lands into their own island continents was a bit silly, it left a lot more open space than I would like to have, and since Nebanris (purple) and Braydeos (green) were once a single nation it made more sense to join those lands together. Denylsum (orange) and Holoron (blue) are also relatively the same landscape so joining them made sense too. Avesa and Oisa are seperate nations so I left them be. I moved everything around and now I have something that looks like this.

Name:	RadiantSky_VandiaMAP_zps1c0062e7.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	333.7 KB 
ID:	65877

Still WIP but a better representation of the land masses. Try to think of the Six Nations similar to commonwealths, where the coloured areas are representations of dominant race, culture, and ruler. Braydeos for example is comprised of eight states that make up the Nation. There are still lots of areas I need to improve on, for example climate and significant landmarks, major cities, etc.

Feel free to help me come up with a better version of this map, once I have a majority of things sorted out I might actually commission a polished map of the world that would (with permission, legal contract and due credit) be featured in the novels. I'm not great at explaining maps but I will give it the best shot with the notes I have on the draft map (Gods help you all)

Climate Map

Name:	RadiantSky_VandiaMAPClimate_zpsc1c5179e.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	423.7 KB 
ID:	65878

Draft Map, Very Early

Name:	RadiantSky_VandiaMAPWIPAreas_zps27865666.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	350.9 KB 
ID:	65879

Thanks for all your help, and ask me questions. It's the only way I am actually going to understand this stuff. Ask me things and I will answer them to the best of my ability. Thanks guys and gals.