Ok but I think it could be a good idea to remake the world with detailed coastlines with a good resolution. I could do that when we are satisfied with the base map.

About the size of the base map: it's size is 10 000 by 5 000, is it enough?
We can share the file elsewhere if the size becomes problematic. Or we could also have a relatively small and detailed map of the world and make larger map for continent with more details.

So before we start to map, here are the things I think we must do:

1- base map: the one we are working on right now. When we are happy with the map I will remake it in high resolution (300 DPI)
I think it could be done in less than a week from now

2- a relief map: to show where are the important geologic formation like rivers, mountain ranges and plateaus.
For that, i think we need the tectonic map. It doesn’t need to be fancy, just plausible enough. We have a couple of expert on this topic so it shouldn’t take too long.

3- biome map: no, I'm not talking about something as complicated as the Koppen classification. I just want something loose to indicate if it’s desert, steppe, forest (jungle, deciduous, mixed, boreal) but it does not tell where to put the forest. Assuming one place is considered forest could be entirely covered with forest or not depending mostly on the artist choice. (But I admit that it doesn't make sense to have a densely populate area covered with forests)
Unfortunately, in order to make that map, ideally we also need

1-Temperature map = hot at the equator, it cools off the closer you get to the poles. Altitude also makes it colder but that is only important if we have plateaus. Also affect by the distance from a large body of water and ocean currents. Not too complicated and also not subject to debate.

2-Major winds map/ocean currents: ocean is rather easy, Pixie made a good guide and we can also look at the works of other members. For the winds it’s more complicated because we have to figure the high/low pressure. (See Pixie’s tutorial)

3-Precipitation map: ok well that seems like a lot but in order to be able to start the project, we just need a rough version. We can still make a polished version of it later. Assuming it's a rough version, I expect everything of this could be done in a week or two maximum. And we could start mapping after that. I know it might seems a lot be there are a bunch of good members that can give us counsels on this.