Thread: New Dawn of the West - Expanded & With Colour!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Huh, i totally overlooked the pdf attachment. I will read that, then If any questions come up, i'll let you know

Savage Worlds, i see. Not a fan of the system...but then again, different strokes and all that. Game on!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Apprentice

Really like this, the style is great and something i would like to be able to do. Perfect for D&D.
    One small point - the even colour across all the land doesn't look right to me. I would have thought the Solari wastes would be yellow or at least not green? Other areas could be diff colours aswell.
    Maybe you were just going for blue = sea / green = land ?

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Huh, i totally overlooked the pdf attachment. I will read that, then If any questions come up, i'll let you know

Savage Worlds, i see. Not a fan of the system...but then again, different strokes and all that. Game on!
    I was like you at first, I didn't like Savage Worlds at all, but then I played with a friend who knew it well and I was hooked!

It's a great system that gets out of the way and lets the story flow!

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Really like this, the style is great and something i would like to be able to do. Perfect for D&D.
    One small point - the even colour across all the land doesn't look right to me. I would have thought the Solari wastes would be yellow or at least not green? Other areas could be diff colours aswell.
    Maybe you were just going for blue = sea / green = land ?
    Yeah that was essentially it, blue = water/ green = land

I hope to actually commission someone to eventually do a really intense version of it with lots and lots of colours and terrains, etc...

Glad you like it

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Well Smithy, I gave it some thought, and since I wanted to add my fjords in the northern part of Aquilar and then put in the volcano and such in Solani, I went ahead and tried giving a "blush" of colour to the map for things like forests, swamps, snowy lands in the far north, waste lands and grasslands. I also dialled down the saturation a scooch to make it "pop" a bit less.

Not 100% sure it turned out right, but it was fun to try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Dawn of the West Map.gif 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	66014