Quote Originally Posted by Meriba View Post
I draw vector templates for the buildings because I always can change the colors pattern if I prefer another light/atmosphere. And of course, I can rotate these at will. After that, I apply shadows, lights and other effects with PS.

Kaidan setting of Japanese horror!!! I didn't know that setting. After taking a look, please correct me if i'm wrong, it seems a high fantasy environment to me, like L5R. I must confess that I prefer political/human flaws/natural disaster based adventures. I use L5R game simply because it has simple rules y because I did know about it at first.

Even though, the maps included are very usefull! Thanks
Most of the supplements for Kaidan include both low fantasy and high fantasy options. When I run Kaidan games, I stick with low fantasy, and don't include yokai beings: kappa, korobokuru, kitsune, hengeyokai, tengu. However, the horror aspects are indeed built-in, thus fantasy horror is intrinsic to the setting. I run primarily humano-centric themes. The Buddhist aspects are also intrinsic to the setting and a part of the "fantasy" aspect of Kaidan. It is definitely not Japan, nor historical fantasy, however, the included cultural, historical and folklore aspects are authentic to Japan.